Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Continuing Saga of Rich Rodriguez

I get the sense that many fans are upset that Rich Rodriguez may be headed out the door. I also get the sense that many of these fans have only been watching since 2003. I, for one, could care less if RR hits the skids. In fact, it would likely make me a happy camper. Most of my friends who have been long-time fans would agree. Rich didn't build this football program, and hasn't really done as much with it as he could have. Give me someone with a sack who can actually call plays and prepare a team. Please.

Do not fret WVU faithful, do not fret. We are 15th in all time wins. Rich didn't do that by himself. We've had 3 10-win seasons in a row. Does that not coincide with the adding of a 12th game? It does. In the past, we'd be rocking 3 9-win seasons. That's not nearly as impressive. Finally, with the schedule we play, I could coach to 10 wins a year. If you need more reasons why I'd be happy to see him go, let me know and I'll produce. The only thing that makes me nervous is the natural disorder that takes place after a coaching change. But I'll make that trade...

No comments: