Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mississippi State Week Intro



Well, if Sylvester Croom holding a shotgun isn't terrifying, I don't know what is.

I'm currently watching the Rich Rodriguez press conference on FCS Atlantic (how I adore expanded digital cable). I'm glad to hear him admit that he too was furious about the USF game. I always have this image of him just not caring at all about losing, so it makes me feel good that he is upset about it. He needs to stop playing with the Livestrong band looking thing on his wrist though, because it's pissing me off.

He just said that the MSU defense reminds him of USF, and that makes me want to sob. I can't help but believe that the entire gameplan consists of bubble screens and lateral running plays, WHICH IS MY WORST NIGHTMARE!! I'll tell you this though, Rich seems about 10 times more friendly and happy in pressers than he ever has before. I guess if I was treated like God and made that kind of money, I'd be pretty F'ing chipper as well.

I also took in the Joe Paterno presser before this one. I don't have much to say about that one other than this. HE DOES NOT COACH THAT TEAM. Also, he is completely senile, no joke. Sad, but true.

Back to MSU. I'm pretty sure we should kill these guys. They are not good, though they did somehow manage to beat Auburn at Auburn (where have I heard that before?) and hung in there with an apparently resurrected Tennessee squad. I think the line of -23.5 for WVU is a bit bizarre, but I hope we cover. We need to put one on these cats in dominating fashion. The opportunity still exists to get somewhere this season, and we need to start getting it done immmediately.

A bit of Mississippi history for you uneducated types.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the Klan, is Robert Byrd dead yet?

J. Johnston said...

I'm fairly certain he actually passed away about 75 years ago. The present-day Byrd is a bionic replica programmed to pour federal funds into the fine highway maintenance programs of our beloved state. Besides, when he graduated from high school in 1822, the Klan was probably the popular thing to do considering it was still Virginia.