Thursday, November 15, 2007

Oregon Ducks v Arizona Wildcats




Vs





On the surface, this game looks like it should be blowout. Oregon is 8-1 and ranked #2. Arizona is 4-6 and frankly, pretty crappy. That being said, keep your eyes on an interesting stat. Oregon's pass defense is ranked #105. Meanwhile, the Arizona passing offense is ranked #9. Could it be enough to keep this game close? Possibly. Could it be enough to cause an upset? Let's hope so. I still feel like this game will be a rollover for the Ducks, but they did lose last year to these guys. You never know this season.


And tonight is no exception on the insanity of 2007's version of college football.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After watching this game, I see that Oregon is really the WVU of last year. Explosive offense with a shitty defense. But how does Oregon get ranked #2? Just continues to show the bias against WVU. This year WVU's defense actually improves and the offense is much more well rounded and they still don't get respect

J. Johnston said...

I think our offense has actually gotten worse, but that's just me. Regardless, it's still a great, great offense we have. I don't know how Oregon gets to #2 with that defense, when we got crucified for it. Hell, we still get crucified for it.

Anonymous said...

I agree the offense is much more tame, but I think that is because defenses only need to know how to defend 3 or 4 run plays and then the wide receiver screen pass. I think that if Rowdy Rody would actual have a play book larger that 1 page, I think our offense would be completely unstoppable.

Also, Slatton has been quiet all year. His stats are decent, but he hasn't been explosive like years past. That is why I don't think he goes into the draft.