Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tragic, Stunning Loss = Brand New Blog

And so here we are. My beloved Mountaineers have failed to make it out of September, in this, The Year of the Mountaineer. I can sit here and scream at my TV and satellite radio about MF'ing bubble screen after bubble screen, stretch plays against lightning fast defenses susceptible to the inside run, or lack of a downfield passing game. I can curse the coach (oh, how I have cursed him) for blaming "execution" and taking no shred of blame, or for having players wear Yankee hats while walking into the stadium at USF after preaching for two years about remaining humble and hungry. I can also lament the extraordinarily massive hangover (not actually me FYI but I feel her pain) I had to suffer both literally and figuratively after that debacle on Friday night. Give this kid a Mountaineer hat and an empty bottle of Captain Morgan, and you've got me pegged during the USF game (at least I was raging drunk though. Not sure of his excuse...). But instead of reacting poorly to all these things from the relative privacy of my car on a crowded highway, or in my living room, I'm going to share my frustration, vitriol, and overall lack of maturity with the rest of you (assuming anyone reads this thing to begin with).

On a relatively unrelated note (relatively unrelated? what the fuck ever, i don't care) the Steelers also flamed out on Sunday. Fortunately, I figure if they win 10 games in the uber-shitty AFC North, they'll be ridin' dirty. All in all, a tremendous (and by tremendous, I mean fucking terrible!!!!) football weekend. At least I had a good dose of Schadenfreude to help me out on Saturday evening whatwith the scorched earth policy of upsets. Oh yeah, and my fantasy football team is undefeated.

Anyway, look for about a post or so a day from this end, though they will be less than insightful and generally just downright fucking bitter. I mean, after all, Ohio State did manage to get a first place vote in the fucking coaches poll. Sigh. Things can only go up from here. Right? RIGHT?!?!

No comments: